Thank you for registering for the Summit Brotherhood Weekend! This inaugural event will be filled with fun, fellowship, and service. For your convenience, you can find the schedule online and in this email message. In order to better prepare everyone for the weekend, you can find further details listed below, as well as items you should plan on packing with you to The Summit. A map and schedule are attached. If you have any questions, please feel free contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!
- No tents, cots, or sleeping bags will be provided. Please bring your own for the weekend. If you are in need of camping gear, please contact us as there are some limited supplies available from local troops.
- For those requiring CPAPs, please bring your own power source. If this is not possible, please contact us to discuss other arrangements.
- Registration will begin at 6:00 PM at Subcamp A. Registration will remain open until midnight.
- Please enter through the entrance on Mill Creek Road near Mount Hope. You can find directions below.
- Flush toilets and ambient temperature showers will be available.
- Everyone will be permitted to drive near the lodge campsite to drop off their gear. There will be a parking location very close to the campsite, but once parked on Friday, vehicles are to remain in place until Sunday.
- Although most activities for the weekend will be a short walk from the campsite, a bus will be available to take arrowmen to the Joe Crafton Sportsman Complex (Lasershot), work projects, and the religious service on Sunday if unable to hike.
- All meals will be provided beginning with cracker barrel on Friday night and ending with breakfast on Sunday morning.
- We recommend bringing bug spray, rain gear, sunscreen, hat and a refillable water bottle. If you plan on participating in Tug of War, swimming trunks are suggested.
- Fishing will be available at Goodrich lake for those who wish to bring their own fishing gear.
- Both a Summit and Lodge Trading Post will be available for the weekend.
- All arrowmen should plan on wearing work clothing on Saturday morning. Work Gloves are strongly encouraged. A Field Uniform or Class A should be worn Saturday evening following flag lowering. An Activity Uniform or Class B is encouraged for the remainder of the weekend.
FROM THE NORTH: (Summersville/Morgantown): Take SR-19 south to the Hilltop/Greentown Exit (SR -61/16) on your left. Follow SR-61/16 for approximately 4 miles. Where SR-61 will splits from SR-16, turn left onto SR-61.
FROM THE SOUTH: (Beckley, including access via I77/I64): From SR-19 north, take the North Beckley exit. Turn left onto SR-16 through the town of Bradley and continue approximately 4 miles. Turn right onto SR-61
Follow SR-61 for about two miles to the entrance on your left. This is Jack Furst Drive. Do not turn onto the Logistics Center Access Road. Once on Jack Furst Drive, follow the paved road approximately six miles to the gate (you will not need to turn). At the gate, the road changes from pavement to gravel. You will follow the gravel road several miles without any turns until you reach Alpha Bravo Road near the dam. Turn right here and follow the road to the Sub Camp A tower. You will be directed to gear drop off area and parking at that time.